단국대학교 외국인 유학생 국민건강보험 가입 안내(캠퍼스 공통)
단국대학교에 재학 중인 모든 유학생들에게 안내해드립니다
해당 내용은 D-2 체류자격을 보유하고 있는 모든 외국인 유학생에게 해당되는 내용입니다.
2021년 3월 1일 부터 모든 외국인 유학생은 대한민국 국민건강보험에 자동 가입됩니다.
한국에 입국하여 외국인 등록을 한 날 부터 보험 자격이 부여됩니다.
이에 따라 각 언어별로 안내 자료를 배포합니다. 각자 편한 언어로 읽어주시면 감사하겠습니다.
종강 전, 여러분을 위한 보험 안내 설명회를 각 캠퍼스 별로 개최할 예정입니다.
학생 여러분들은 내용을 잘 알고 계시고, 설명회에 꼭 참석하여 주시기 바랍니다.
□ Those Subject to Enrollment and Subscription Process
○ (Subject to enrollment) Among those who are staying in Korea for six months or longer, foreigners and Korean expatriates who did not subscribe to national health insurance are automatically registered as local subscribers. However, marriage migrants (F-6) must enroll immediately regardless of the stay period.
- Those who are not eligible to be local subscribers are holders of A (diplomat), B (tourist), C (short-term), and G1 (others) visa. But, among G1 (others), persons granted humanitarian status (G-1-6) and their family members (G-1-12) are subject to enrollment.
☞ Foreign students with D2 or D4 visa are temporarily exempted from compulsory enrollment (until February 28, 2021)
○ (Enrollment process) Automatic enrollment by the authority of the National Health Insurance Corporation (NHIC) without separate reporting procedures
- If you did not receive an insurance card, notice, or bill, you must check your subscription status with the NHIC
□ Insurance Premium Calculation and Payment
○ (Premium calculation) Insurance premiums are calculated in proportion to income and property, and when the calculated fee is below the average premium of total subscribers, the average premium (123,080 won in 2020) is charged.
- However, approved refugees (F-2-4) and their families (F-1-16), as well as single households under the age of 19, are not charged with the average premium even if their fee is below the average premium. Instead, their premiums are charged in the same way as Korean nationals.
○ (How to pay) The next month's insurance premium must be paid by the 25th of the preceding month through a direct debit, virtual account, credit card (NHIC branch), the payment portal, etc.
☞ How to apply for direct debit: Visit (call) an NHIC branch or contact the customer center (1577-1000)
※ If your status of residence is F-5 (permanent resident) or F-6 (marriage immigrant), your health insurance is applied in the same way as Korean nationals.
□ Delinquent Premium Payment
○ If you failed to pay by the due date, you will pay the full amount of fees when using hospitals or clinics from the 1st of next month
○ (Restriction of visa extension, etc.) If you failed to pay premiums of 500,000 won or more, the Ministry of Justice will reflect this into its evaluation of various requests such as the extension or change of the stay period. For 19 and older only.
□ Insurance Benefits and Free Health Checkups
○ (Insurance benefits) Same as Korean nationals
○ (Health checkups) General checkups are conducted every two years based on the year of birth.
< FAQ >
○ If you did not receive an insurance card or notice, you may ① be missing from the eligible list due to some data error, or ② you do not live in the address reported to the Ministry of Justice. In the case of ①, you need to check with the NHIC to obtain eligibility. In the case of ②, you need to report the change of address to the district office. (No need to report to the NHIC)
☞ Even if you were missed from the eligible list, premiums must be paid retroactively from the point of missing
○ Health insurance is a social insurance system that is operated with the premiums paid by subscribers. Therefore, you must pay premiums according to the charging scheme for local subscribers. If you do not pay, there may be disadvantages such as restriction on insurance benefits, restriction on various stay permits such as visa extension, late charges, and forced collection. (from bank accounts, etc.).