Dr. Suhan Choi received his B.S. and M.S. degrees from the Electronic Communication
Engineering department, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, in 1994
and 1996, respectively, and Ph.D. degree from the department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
in 2006. He studied Spread Sprctrum Communications Systems in his M.S program.
In his Ph.D. program, his main research area was information theory.
The title of his Ph.D. dissertation is "A Graph-based Framework for Transmission of Correlated
Sources over Multiuser Channels", presenting a new transmission scheme which is not known.
He has been actively doing research projects, lectures, seminars and consultings related to 3GPP mobile communication standards includng LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G since September 2010.
After M.S. program, he joined the digital communications lab. in
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) where he did a researh on digital communications and cryptography.
From Jan. 1997 to Jun. 2001 and from Jun. 2006 to Aug. 2010, he worked for Samsung Electronics, where he was engaged in the development of wireless communication systems, cell planning and RF engineering and performance analysis. He was also involved in many domestic and overseas projects, where he designed wireless systems and participated in technical meetings and consulting.
His research interests include multi-terminal communication
systems, information theory, coding theory, and wireless communications.
-  bachelor's degree Dept. of Electronic Communication Eng. at Hanyang University
-  master's degree Dept. of Electronic Communication Eng. at Hanyang University
-  doctor's degree EECS:Systems at Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor (Major: Communications & Information Theory)
Wireless Communications & Systems
3GPP Standards for Mobile Communications (LTE, LTE-Advanced, 5G)
Digital Communications, Information Theory, Channel Coding, Source Coding,
IT Convergence Technology (Bio, Smart Grid etc.)
Mobile Multimedia Services
Sensor Networks, Machine-to-Machine Communications
- Wireless communications & Systems (CDMA, WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, WiBro, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-Advanced, 5G, 6G),
- Patent Development & Analysis related to Mobile Communiations Standards
- Information Theory, Multiuser (or Network) information theory,
- Mobile Communications Base Stations & Repeater (Relay), Small Cell
- Mobile Communications Systems Cell Planning & RF Engineering
- MIMO Technologies in Wireless Systems & Terminals
- Cellular V2X (C-V2X) Communications