We run the Language Tutoring Program that is designed to connect incoming exchange students with Dankook University students who are interested in learning foreign languages and culture. Upon being selected as a tutor, exchange students will lead a group of 3-5 DKU students and give a three-hour conversation lesson every week. Through this program, students will not only have experience of teaching their language, but also be given opportunities to get acquainted with more Korean students and involved with school life at Dankook.
The application for tutors will be opened after students are being accepted to Dankook University and then, students will need to submit their application by email. However, students will not be notified of the result of their application by the time they arrive at Dankook University, so they need to prepare for the accommodation fees in case they are not selected.
- Exchange students whose native language is one of the following: English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, French and Russian. *Students must be a native speaker of the language that they want to teach.
※ Arabic, Portuguese and Mongolian languages are only available for students applying for Cheonan Campus.
- Exchange students who are enthusiastic about teaching their languages and exchanging culture with Korean students.
- Upon successful completion, tutor students will be awarded a free on-campus accommodation for the semester.
- Tutors must complete 40 hours of teaching throughout the semester by having a 3-hour session per week for 13 weeks.
- The day and time will be randomly assigned by us. It will be set at 6pm-9pm on a weekday. However, tutors may adjust the day and time for each tutoring class in discussion with their tutees. For example, tutors may skip the class during the midterms and arrange a make-up class in the following week or so.
- Most of DKU students taking your tutoring class in Spanish, German, French, Russian and Portuguese are absolute beginners. Except that English and Chinese are offered at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- The lesson content can be changed in accordance with the language proficiency level and the interest of their tutees later.
How to Apply
- To apply, students need to submit one or two-page long syllabus in English, which is a brief outline of your tutoring class, demonstrating how you will lead your class for 13 sessions throughout the semester.
- Further details will be given to students after being accepted as an exchange student at Dankook.