All students wishing to study at Dankook University as an exchange student must be nominated by their home university first. Once our nomination is open, we will send our exchange partners an email containing information on when and how to nominate their students. The nomination details include student’s full name, email address, academic major and intended field of study. Students should contact their home university to be nominated and we do not accept direct applications from students who are not nominated by their home university.
- For exchange partners - please make sure that nominated students meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at one of our exchange partner universities
- Must have completed at least 2 semesters at their home university
- Must be in good academic standing at their home university
- Must have a good language proficiency in either Korean or English (proof is not required)
- For students - please keep the following points in mind before being nominated:
- All exchange students must live in on-campus dormitory during their stay at Dankook.
- Dankook University has two campuses, Jukjeon and Cheonan. Students need to choose their campus to study by looking at the course list offered at each campus. Students also need to be sure about whether there are enough courses that they wish to take. (Please see the course list)
After being nominated, students will receive an email with online application guidelines and will be requested to complete an online application at our DKU Portal. When applying online, students are required to upload the following documents:
- Photocopy of Passport (personal information page)
- Official Transcripts (must be in English and contain all courses)
- Study Plan (☜ Click to Download the template)
- Identification Photo (must be taken against a white background / ears and eyebrows must be shown)
The application screening process is conducted at once after we receive all applications. Students can expect to receive a decision on their application within one month from the application deadline. After being accepted, we will send students an email notification in addition to mailing an acceptance package which includes official acceptance letter and certificate of admission to their home university for visa purposes.
After being accepted and given the acceptance package, students will need to visit the Korean embassy or consulate in their home country to obtain a student(D-2-6) visa. Obtaining a student visa is required for every non-Korean student wishing to study in Korea. Students are advised to contact the nearest Korean embassy or consulate general in advance to find out required documents and avoid any confusion or delay before applying for visa. Visa fees may apply. Dankook University does not guarantee visa issuance for students.
All incoming exchange students must have a health insurance that covers the period of their stay in Korea. Students are required to purchase their own health insurance in their home country and submit proof of health insurance to us before coming to Korea. The insurance policy should cover sickness, accident and death. Student should also make sure to know how the health insurance works if any medical problems occur.
In accordance with the requirements of the Korean Immigration Service and our dormitory regulation, all successful applicants are required to submit proof of an authorized tuberculosis test (through X-ray, skin or blood) result that is taken within 45 days prior to their arrival in Korea. Students will be asked to attach the scanned copy of their tuberculosis test result on the online application later in February for Spring Semester and August for Fall Semester.