② A scanned copy of passport information page (upload online)
Apply online : Link
Guideline for online application: Download
|•Steps to login
1. Create an Email ID
2. Move on to the login page
3. Select “International Programs”
4. Complete the login
5. Select “Int’l Summer/Winter School” to fill out the online application
- Fill out “Personal Information” first
- and then fill out the “Application
|DKU will check your application and
send you a program fee invoice via email.
|- All fees are waived for exchange students so for those participants, payment procedures can be skipped.
- Bank information is provided on the invoice.
|Pay your program fee by wire transfer|
|DKU will check your payment and
send you an acceptance letter
|- In general, hard copies of acceptance letters will be sent to your home university’s address.
- For individual applicants, letters will be sent to your home address.
|Apply for the Short-term Study Visa (D-2-8)
at the Korean Consulate serving your area
|- See below for more information|
|Inform DKU after receiving a visa.
Request an airport pick-up and inform DKU of your flight itinerary.
|- Login to your online application page and update the information.|
Prepare for your stay at Dankook!
If you have difficulties with creating an email ID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
D-2-8 Short-term Study Visa
- If you are planning to stay for less than 90 days attending programs in Korea, you should obtain a D-2-8 visa.
(Nationals of a country that signed visa waiver agreements with Republic of Korea are thereby subject of exemption.)
- Obtaining a visa can be time consuming; therefore we strongly recommend that students apply early.
- Please contact the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate General in advance to avoid any confusion or delay before applying for your visa.
- DKU does not guarantee visa issuance for program participants. Korean embassies or consulates overseas have the final authority to issue visas.
- Visa fees may apply.
Tuberculosis Test result
- For the safety of all residents in the dorm, we require participants who stay at the university dorm to do a tuberculosis test (chest x-ray, skin test or blood test) and submit the results upon arrival.
- The test should be taken within the 2 months prior to the dorm move-in date.
- A record of vaccination for tuberculosis is NOT acceptable.
- If participants do not submit an acceptable report, they must have a test done in Korea upon arrival. (Fee KRW 20,000won)
- All participants are required to have proper insurance.
- Please make sure to send the scanned image of your insurance to email@example.com no later than January 12, 2018.
- DKU will purchase group insurance for those who don’t submit insurance in time and fees will be charged upon arrival. Group insurance covers only medical expenses and will cost between USD50~100.